Medication Management and the prevention of adverse drug events is an action area for many Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) communities and models. These organizations are especially focused on three drug classes: 1) anticoagulants and concern for bleeding, 2) diabetes agents and concern for hypoglycemia, and 3) opioids and concern for accidental overdoses, oversedation, and respiratory depression.
This MMO Performance Story template (Part I) is designed to collect performance stories from CMS community participants in managing the impact of opioid misuse in their population at the local level. Using the Practice Performance Story template below, please share your organization’s most powerful practice performance story in managing opioid misuse and/or abuse. Participants in the following CMS communities are especially encouraged to submit stories:
- Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI)
- Quality Innovation Network – Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs)
- Partnership for Patients, Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs)
- Quality Payment Program – Small, Underserved and Rural Support (QPP-SURS)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network
- Staff engaged in CMS network efforts are asked to complete this form. Feel free to partner with local level staff to assemble the required information.
- The story should be specific to a single practice, system, or community. You will be asked what your organization’s role was in achieving the performance described, but this template is intended to capture information about what is happening at the practice/hospital/system/community level. Any mention of “organization” in a question refers to the practice, system or community as appropriate.
- If the efforts led to measurable improvement, please attach a file showing the data.