The Consortium for Southeastern Hypertension Control (COSEHC) PTN
The COSEHC QualityImpact PTN serves 742 community practices in 9 southeastern states and additionally has a few enrolled practices outside of this region. COSEHC’s primary focus is on improving cardiovascular health. COSEHC’s clinical measures include blood pressure control and attainment of evidence-based target goals in other high-impact cardiovascular risk factors. By focusing on these clinical measures, COSEHC has achieved 37 million dollars in cost savings, 64 percent of their four-year goal. These efforts are impacting over 2 million patients.
Using a holistic transformation approach COSEHC engages clinician and practice teams by:
- setting practice expectations upfront prior to engagement in TCPi, and again on enrollment,
- aligning transformation assistance work with practice goals,
- designing action plans to optimize attainment of practices’ quality and cost goals,
- evaluating each practice’s use of clinical guidelines,
- offering relevant and time sensitive education for providers and departments,
- ensuring use of data sources, such as EHRs and payer data,
- providing frequent high-touch technical assistance.
The COSEHC PTN attributes their success to interventions such as:
- practice-level data transparency and peer-to-peer comparison reports,
- direct coaching to increase awareness, address challenges, and drive performance,
- population health management tools,
- alignment with value-based payer expectations,
- workflow redesign, and
- billing and coding optimization.
COSEHC reports 90% of their enrolled practices acknowledge the positive affect of the PTN on their work and approximately 33% of their enrolled physicians have graduated to Alternative Payment Models (APMS). To learn more about the COSEHC PTN visit their website @ www.qualityimpact.org, or contact Debra Simmons, Executive Director @ email@example.com.